Buy equipment on more than just looks
People are always tempted to go for the product that looks the best but that doesn’t always mean you are getting the product that is best for you! When you are in the market for new kitchen equipment there are a few things you need to consider:
- Performance and reliability – If you are going to invest in a product you need to ensure you can rely on it. Will it work time and time again without breaking? Is the end product to the standard you need it to be? There is no point buying something because it looks nice if it is prone to breaking and the end result is sub-standard.
At NCE, we stock all leading brands including: Falcon, Hobart, Rational, Winterhalter and Blue Seal. This means you always have top quality and reliable products to choose from.
2. Customer service and technical support – Whilst you might be weighing up price and capabilities of equipment you should also consider after sales support. Having access to expert engineers could save you time and money in the long run if it means you can get your kitchen back up and running quickly when things go wrong.
Choosing NCE means you can call us at any time for technical support and where an engineer is needed on-site we can be of assistance quickly (with zero call-out charges). We pride ourselves on going that extra mile for our customers everyday.
Always have a reliable back up
There will be equipment in your kitchen that is used day in, day out for various items on your menu. If this malfunctions or breaks you need to trust that you can get back up and running as quickly as possible to minimise any disruption. So how can you minimise disruption?
- Check warranty options when buying equipment. Having a warranty gives you peace of mind when buying expensive equipment and will reduce down-time should an unexpected breakage occur.
- Access to customer service and technical support (as mentioned above). Good technical support means there is one less thing for you to worry about when equipment breaks.
- Quick access to spare parts. It can be very costly when a vital part of equipment goes down, so quick access to spare parts is key. NCE stocks all major commercial catering equipment spare parts to ensure fast repairs of your equipment.
Be conscious of the environment
It might not always be at the top of your list of requirements, but in 2020 being environmentally conscious is an important consideration. So when you are looking to replace a piece of equipment, ask yourself, does it always need to be brand new?
High-quality, durable reconditioned equipment is readily available in the foodservice market and it could be the perfect solution for you and your business. Buying reconditioned equipment, which is backed up with top quality technical support, could save you lots of money in the long run and it prevents reconditioned equipment going to landfill, win-win!
At NCE, we are committed to reducing waste by offering reconditioned catering equipment. So if you are looking for new or reconditioned kit and need some advice, check out our website or get in touch at email@example.com.